HEAD CHAIR INTRODUCTION - KOHSEI YASHIRO

 Hey everyone!!

My name is KOHSEI YASHIRO and I will be your head chair for the BMUN 71's United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP). I am very excited to be able to discuss some of the topics I am deeply passionate about. My vice chairs will be posting their introductions too so please check those out!

I am a 4th year majoring in Environmental Economics and Policy here at UC Berkeley. This is my second time chairing the UNEP committee albeit once online. I love learning about environmental problems, and climate change mitigation/adaptation. These two topics are very pressing and issues that we will inevitably be dealing with over generations. 

After graduation, I am planning to work in finance back in my home country, Japan, to hopefully work for ESG-related products. Climate change and the environment are no longer the problems of the future but rather problems of the present. Our generation will be responsible for not only saving future generations but the current generation. 

This conference will serve as a conclusion to my four years of BMUN and seven years of MUN and I am very pleased to have a passionate team here. Please reach out to unepbmunlxxi@bmun.org for any questions. 


Sincerely,

Kohsei


This is a selfie with Shohei Ohtani that I am very proud of. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 things to keep in mind for resolution writing

VICE CHAIR INTRODUCTION - SAMEER AMEEN

SENIOR VICE CHAIR INTRODUCTION - SORA